Having been Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ; According to Acts 2:38 Believing in Receiving
the Gift of the Holy Ghost with initial sign of speaking with other tongues as the spirit
gives utterance According to Acts 2:4.
I hereby pledge by God’s grace to live up to the Under-mentioned Covenant.
1. I will never be yoked together with an unbeliever by marrying him/her out of the faith after I am
saved. (1 Cor 6:14-18, 6:15-20.)
2. I will never forsake the assembling together of the saints, but will be present at every service except
when it is impossible to attend. (Heb 10:25, Matt. 18:20).
3. I will never be intoxicated with wine or any strong drink. (Pro. 20:1. Isaiah 52:2).
4. I will use no tobacco, cigarettes, or any form of illegal drugs (Isaiah 55:2).
5. I will always abstain from those things, which appear evil to my brethren in the church, and to the
unsaved. (1Thes. 5:22, Rom. 14:14-21).
6. I will take no evil report against an elder or any member of my assembly, except there are witnesses
present. (1Tim. 5:19, Titus 3:2).
7. I will never allow myself to possess corrupt thoughts or judge the Saints wrongfully but will think the
best of things I cannot understand, until I am able to prove otherwise. (Phil. 4:8, Titus 1:15).
8. I will always give due respect to those who are above me in the work of the Lord, whatever maybe
their office in the church. (Heb. 13:17, Eph. 6:1).
9. I will never rebuke an Elder or Minister, but will admonish them as fathers. (1Tim. 5:1).
10. I will have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but will reprove the wrong I know of
in any member of my assembly, if no amendment, I will take two or three others to help adjust the
matter. If this fails to bring the desired results, I will take it to the church. (Matt. 18:15-17, Eph. 5:11,
11. I will never render evil to any member of my assembly for any wrong they may have done me,
but will be quick to forgive. (Rom.12:17-21, Matt.18:21-27, Luke 17:3-5, 1Thes. 5:15).
12. Upon the first day of the week, I will always give tithes and offering as God hath prospered me
during the week. (Mal 3:8-12, 2nd Cor.8:10-14).
13. I will always share with the saints a part of the financial or other obligations of my assembly when I am called upon to do so. (2nd Cor. 8:10-14).
14. I will endeavour by the grace of God to live a Holy, a perfect and upright life wherever I go in this present world. (1Peter 1:15, Matt. 5:48, Col 1:22, 28, Heb. 6:1, Rom. 12:1, Heb. 13:21, psalm 37:37).
15. I will not stir strife and war among the saints, but will live peaceably and do my best to help them live in harmony. (Rom. 12:18, James 4:1, Matt. 5:9).
16. I will never be a busy body or a tattler. (1Tim 5:13, 11 Thes. 3:11, 1 Peter 4:15).
17. I will always report to the church whenever I am sick and report the sickness to other members whenever I know of them. (James 5:14-16)).
18. I will subject myself to all civil governments and magistrates as long as their laws do not prevent my worshipping the Lord. (Matt. 17:24-27; 22:17-21, 1 Peter 2:13-17).
19. I will do my best to bring up my children in the fear and admonition of the Lord and be perfect examples before them. (Pro. 13:24, 19:18, Pro. 22:6:15, 1Peter 1:21).
20. As a saint, I will always be dressed modestly. (1 Tim. 2:9-10, Isaiah 3:16-24).
21. I will make every effort to be present at every Lord’s Supper and be prepared to give a testimony of my life before I am allowed to partake. (1 Cor. 11:28-29).
22. I will never take the Lord’s Supper with malice or un-forgiveness in my heart. (1 Cor. 11:28).
23. I will always treat visitors and strangers who attend my assembly with much love and courtesy. (Heb. 13:2).
24. I will not report any critical or damaging matter to anyone in the assembly, but the Pastor or his committee that is appointed for the purpose. (Psalm 50:23, James 3:2). Therefore, those who have been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus, living clean and willing to live to the church covenant, we could no more refuse them fellowship than Christ could to the Disciples before Pentecost.